Before the August 2nd game, law enforcement officers—including Boston Police Deputy Superintendent William Gross, surviving family members of officers killed in the line of duty, and representatives from the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund—stepped onto the field for a pre-game ceremony, to honor the following officers killed in 2012 from the New England region:
- Police Officer Kevin Ambrose, Springfield (MA) Police Department
- Police Chief Michael P. Maloney, Greenland (NH) Police Department
- Deputy Sheriff Ryan Tvelia, Norfolk County (MA) Sheriff's Office
- Police Officer Jose Torres, Westfield (MA) Police Department
- Sergeant Maxwell Dorley, Providence (RI) Police Department
- Detective Andrew F. Faggio, New Haven (CT) Police Department
Law Enforcement Appreciation sporting events are designed to honor law enforcement officers and pay tribute to those who have died in the line of duty. A full schedule of events is available at www.LawMemorial.org/Sports.